The Bahamian developer and his team of local and international architects, engineers have crafted a small harbour town.
It will be the first planned and open community designed to attract families to live, work and play in a setting that incorporates the best of the Bahamian past and the hopes for the future.
Abaco Island is very accessible from Florida and Nassau. It is served by the airports at Marsh Harbour, Sandy Point and Treasure Cay.
Schooner Bay – the Village Plan
Schooner Bay will consist of two neighbourhoods: The Harbour Village and The Ridge. The entire community, including the beach, is accessible by a walkable street network. The Village is surrounded by a natural green belt. Vehicular traffic will be primarily restricted to the perimeter of The Village. The internal network is designed primarily for pedestrians, bikes and golf carts. The picturesque lanes, which terminate in views of The Harbour and the ocean, will enable residents to simultaneously enjoy a village social life and the natural scenic environment.
The principal gathering places that will be able to be enjoyed by the entire community include The Harbour – a promenade lined with shops and dwellings, and the beach with it’s protected natural dunes.
At the present time only lots in The Harbour area have been released – here is selection of those that are available at this time:
Island lots – SOLD OUT
Bay Street - US $ 175,000 – US $ 375,000
Little Bridge Beach – US $ 165,000 – US $360,000
South Harbour – US $260,000 – US $414,0000
North Harbour (3 available) – US $675,000 – US $695,000
Yacht Club – US $350,000 – US $515,000
Harbour Coppice (4 available) – US $235,000 – US $365,000
Schooner Beach – US $1,290,000 – US $2,690,000
There are a number of different house designs available. Please contact us for more information regarding designs, floorplans, etc.
Generally construction costs run between US $250 – US $350 psf.
- Second Largest in The Bahamas
- Population: 14,000
- Largest town: Marsh Harbour
- Population: 5,000
- Blessed with a truly spectacular location Schooner Bay offers the only opportunity for a harbour along the Atlantic coastline of Great Abaco Island for 20 miles in each direction.
- Schooner’s beach stretches for miles both north and south and is accessible by the many beach walks. A smaller beach ‘Little Bridge Bay’ is situated south of the harbour.
- Marsh Harbour is located 25 miles to the northwest of the village, which offers shopping and regional facilities such as a hospital. In comparison, Schooner Bay will be smaller in scale: compact, well connected and very walkable within itself.