Paradise maybe closer than you think! Located in the heart of Southern Belize rests a sheltered 14,000 acre residential resort haven called Sanctuary Belize. It is here, alongside an untamed stretch of the Sittee River, perched on seven miles of Caribbean shore and surrounded on either side by 111,000 acres of wildlife reserves, where all of Belize’s many land and water excursions have been captured, refined, then made readily available to all who are fortunate to live there.
The Sanctuary Belize Residential, Resort and Marina features 5 Eco Experiences – something for just about everyone:
- Riverine: The Sittee River is a highly diversified brackish habitat that supports both freshwater and saltwater life
- Sub-tropical Savannah: Reminiscent of the Serengeti Plains, Sanctuary Belize’s savannah is filled with a diverse array of rare plants, from wispy grasses and scattered shrubs to thick barked solitary trees and a variety of animals
- Belizean Jungle: The Belizean broad leaf forests are best described as semi-deciduous forests. The jungle is diverse in nature without any one species dominating.
- Caribbean Marine: Sanctuary Belize has several coastal eco-systems that include ocean lagoons, mangrove marshlands, bays and tidal wetlands
- Coral Reef: The underwater spectacle of coral reefs off the shores of Sanctuary Caye are home to amazing tropical fish, sea turtles, eagle rays and even the migrating whale shark.
This Eco-friendly community of Sanctuary Belize will ultimately offer up to a thousand homes, including riverside cabins, savannah ranches, equestrian estates, marina cottages and exotic seaside bungalows. There will also be first class diving facilities, a Fishing club, two Beach Clubs, the PuraMaya spa and Peak Fitness Academy, an Equestrian Center, a modern 200 slip Marina and bustling Marina village, a proposed 18 hole championship golf course and the sprawling 10,000 acre Sittee River Wildlife Reserve.